Resident of Houston, TX.
Spends some summer time in Tyler, Texas.
Started her love for childcare babysitting.
Co-Owner and Director of Next Generation Academy, LLC. Dedicated to improving education and family lifestyle in our community. Experienced in traditional assistant teaching, pediatric nursing, child care and business ownership.
Education, Honors and Certifications
Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education- Stephen F. Austin University, 2017
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology/ Minor in Sociology- Texas Southern University, 2014
High School Diploma in General Studies- Jack Yates High School, 2005
2 years of experience as a Camp Counselor for the YMCA
2 years of experience as Assistant Teacher for Tetter Totter Village
8 years of experience as a Pediatric Certified Nursing Assistant for M.D. Cancer Center
Co-founder and owner of Next Generation Academy, LLC.
Personal Mission Statement (click here to view)
- CPR & First Aid Training
- EpiPen Training
- Tracking Immunizations Heath & Safety
- Childhood Illnesses Health & Safety
- Professional Development Professionalism
- Challenging Behaviors Social and Emotional Development
- Complying with Minimum Standards Knowledge of Enforcement Regulations
- Teaching and Reinforcing Manners in the Classroom
- Areas of Competency in Early Childhood Education Related Policies and Procedures
- Minimum Standards Review and Practical Practice
- Field Trips; Safety and Fun
- Transportation Safety
- Cooties, Do They Exist!
- Creative Classroom Centers
- Daycare on a Dime
- Staff Communication and Positive Reinforcement
- Self Esteem in the Child Care Setting
- Child Abuse/ Neglect; Education, Awareness, and Prevention
- SIDS, Shaken Baby Syndrome, Abusive Head Trauma, Baby’s Brain Development
- Childcare Administrator Credentialing Course
- Developing and Administering a Childcare Program
- Helping Children Deal with Disasters- TPHCCA
- Southwest food training program